Sophia's VIP Class - Melbourne 12 Feb 2019 9am-5pm
Sophia is doing it again. After her first tour to Australia in 2017 with over 750 happy participants in 6 cities and 10 classes she has decided to come back for more. In 2019 Sophia is doing another Australia class tour with more amazing baking, a new menu, so much fun and new venues. This time Sophia decided to also launch an exclusive VIP all-day class all about the world of sourdough baking. She will be brining all her knowledge of mastering the art of fermentation to you in an exclusive and wonderful event. The tickets are strictly limited to 10 so that Sophia can ensure she has enough time to focus on each and everyone of the participants.
During the class we will be serving up a delicious lunch with wine from Australia and at the end of the class you will be getting a glass of Prosecco to celebrate the day, a lovely goodie bag will mark the end of the journey which is generously filled with Sophia’s signed Real Bread Book, and so much more bread baking goodness.
During the day you will be diving into the world of sourdough bread baking and learn all the skills you need to master the art of sourdough baking at home. There is nothing better than the smell of freshly baked bread at home.
If you are just as sick as Sophia of mediocre quality bread from the supermarket, then this is exactly the right class for you. Over the course of a whole day you will be learning how to create and take care of a sourdough starter, how to maintain and look after it and learn everything you need to know about making a dough, kneading, fermentation and finally the baking of your sourdough bread.
This will be a fully hands-on class and you will be making a lot of dough all day so no more workout required for the rest of the week!
Sophia is a fan of simplicity and will help you gain lots of confidence in your skills of sourdough baking at home. She will talk about the types of flour you can use and how you can adapt recipes to suit your individual needs. During the class you also have time to shop for Sophia's sourdough equipment.
Recipes will include:
- classic sourdough bread
- sourdough pizza
- 100% rye loaf
You can also pre-order Sophia's sourdough kit along with your class ticket which will be waiting for you when at the class to take home. Simply select the "With Sourdough Kit" option from the drop down menu when adding to the cart.
The sourdough kit contains all the equipment you'll need to practice all the amazing breads you learn how to bake at home:
- Bread proving baskets - one round and one rectangular, to give you the perfect-shaped loaf every time.
- Bread storing bag - for keeping your bread fresher for longer.
- Bread proving basket brush - to make sure your baskets last you forever.
- Dough scraper - one of my favourite kitchen tools! To ensure you can slice, portion and move your dough with ease.
- Adjustable loaf tin - to make those epic tin loaves of any size in a jiffy
Location: Trupp Cooking School, 1/53 Barry Street, South Yarra VIC 3141
A few notes for participants:
- Please note that we are keeping a booking list with your ticket details. There is no need to print out the order confirmation or bring any tickets to the class, we will be handling this at the door
- If you have purchased more than one ticket please let us know via email email@example.com the names and email addresses of the other participants so that we can keep a full list at the door
- If you cannot make the class and would like to sell on the ticket to someone else, please let us know via email firstname.lastname@example.org the name(s) of the person(s) who is/are coming on your behalf